Levels of Membership
With three floors and 270,000 square feet, the Indiana State Museum is nothing like you expected — and everything you want — in an entertaining, educational and ever-changing experience.
You can be part of it all, as often as you like, when you become a member of the Indiana State Museum.
Museum memberships also make a great gift for any occasion or holiday!
Memberships start as low as $55 for a full year of adventure and learning.
ALL memberships include the following benefits:
Individual Premier Membership
- Free admission for one year — Have the freedom to come whenever you like, as often as you like. Special fees may apply to some traveling exhibits and special events.
- 10% Museum Store discount — Shop for unique items, objects, art prints, jewelry, toys and more at the Indiana Store at the Indiana State Museum. Receive a 10% discount off your purchases every time you show your membership card in our two-story store.
- Reciprocal benefits to the Indiana State Historic Sites — Travel the state and experience all that the State Historic Sites have to offer. Benefits are offered at nine of the 11 sites.
- IMAX vouchers — Enjoy an IMAX movie on the largest screen in the state! IMAX vouchers are good for any standard engagement film. Can be applied to the cost of a special engagement film.
- Reduced Additional Tickets — purchase additional museum admission tickets at the group rate — a reduced rate — for friends, family and guests when you visit.
- Free Subscriptions to Indiana State Museum publications — Read the behind-the-scenes stories, be the first to know about new exhibits and shows, plus learn more about Indiana’s art, science and culture. All delivered directly to you though our quarterly magazine Expectations and monthly members-only e-mail eNewsletters.
- Discounts to other cultural institutions — Show your membership card at the ticket counter of the following institutions and receive a $5 discount off any basic membership: Indianapolis Zoo, Conner Prairie, Indianapolis Museum of Art, Indiana Historical Society, Eiteljorg, Indiana Landmarks, Fine Arts Society Classical 88.7, Indianapolis Art Center and Benjamin Harrison Presidential Site. Members also receive a one (1) week full benefits pass to the Jewish Community Center. Inquire at the specific institution about membership levels and benefits.
- Reciprocal benefits to more than 300 science centers world-wide — Traveling out-of-state? We’ve got you covered through the Association of Science-Technology Centers (ASTC) Travel Passport Program where you can receive free or discounted admission by showing your Indiana State Museum membership card.
- Discounted tickets at IMAX — Get discounts on additional tickets to the IMAX Theater located inside the Indiana State Museum.
- Free popcorn — One small complimentary bag of popcorn at the IMAX concession stand with proof of IMAX ticket purchase (same day ticket purchase; one popcorn per membership per day).
- Invitations to special programs and members-only events — Be the first to attend exhibit openings and be invited to member-only events. Also receive discounts on selected seminars, programs and events including a significant member discount on Summer Camps for children held at the Indiana State Museum. Our camps are the best deal in town!
$55 annually for one named individual and one guest; includes two (2) IMAX vouchers
$70 annually for two named adults and all dependent children age 21 and under; includes two (2) IMAX vouchers
$70 annually for two named adults and all grandchildren age 21 and under; includes two (2) IMAX vouchers
$100 annually for two named adults, two guests, all dependent children and all grandchildren age 21 and under; includes four (4) IMAX vouchers
All memberships are tax-deductible up-to $75 as allowable by Indiana state law. Please consult a tax advisor for proper filing instructions. Fair market value of IMAX tickets are not deductible.
Purchase online, download the membership form and mail it to us, come in or call 317.232.1637 to purchase your membership.
For questions about memberships, benefits and fair market value of IMAX vouchers, contact Liz Vlach at 317.234.3857.
Note: Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view this document. Click here to download the latest version.