Make it a historic event
Need lots of space? Check out the Kendall Lot with plenty of room for a large party and a beautiful view of the Ohio River. This location also has historical significance – it once housed the Madison train depot!
Lanier Mansion Kendall Lot Details
3 hr minimum
- Before 5 p.m. – $300/hour
- After 5 p.m. – $450/hour
Ceremony Only $100/hr
- Includes 1 hr for rehearsal and 2 hrs for day of wedding (includes set-up)
- Only available during hrs the site is open
- No site personnel
Upper Lot – 25,000 sq. ft.
Lower Lot – 70,000 sq. ft.
- To book your event, a deposit of 50% of rental space is required along with a signed agreement. A check, American Express, MasterCard or Visa are accepted forms of payment. Please note: Indiana sales tax of 7% applies to all rental fees.
- There is a three hour minimum for each event. This includes one hour for set-up, one hour for your event and one hour for tear-down and clean-up. Extra hours for set-up, tear-down or the event may be added for an additional fee and must conclude by midnight.
- A site buyout is an option. Please contact the site manager for details.
- There is a parking lot available for guest parking on-site. Additional parking is available on surrounding streets.
- Restrooms are available for an additional fee of $35/hr after 5 pm.
- Alcohol and catering services may be hired by the client. The client must provide a copy of the catering contract to the Lanier Mansion State Historic Site manager at the time that the contract is signed. Caterers must show proof of all appropriate state licensing, including a valid liquor license.
- A certificate of insurance is required for all rental events at Lanier Mansion State Historic Site.
- Lanier Mansion State Historic Site at times could be considered under structural or cosmetic construction. Structural and/or cosmetic changes to the facility and its grounds includes but is not limited to gallery closures, improvements to the landscape, installation of art, etc. In the best efforts of the facility, plans will be communicated as early as possible to the client.
Horst’s Little Bakery Haus
Nancy’s Tasteful Cakes
The Juice Box Heroes
My Yellow Rickshaw
Paradise Cove Catering, LLC
Rolling Pin Catering
The Red Pepper Deli Café & Catering
Audio Magic! Entertainment
Forget Me Knot
Colonial Flower Shop
Ivy Vine Florist
Jan Hurst Calligraphy
Jupiter and Juno
Kentuckiana Wedding Officiants
Indy Wedding Pastors
Jasmine Norris Photo
Laura J. Gardner Photography
One Fine Day
Rent A Tent
Party Central Rentals
Seward Party Rentals
Big Top Tent
Toast Wedding Films
What sets us apart
- Beautiful location on the Ohio River
- Elegant Lanier Mansion serves as a backdrop for your event
- Conveniently located in downtown Madison
- Complimentary parking available for event guests
- Additional rooms available for bridal party to use for additional fees
- Several different event spaces to meet your needs
- Many photo opportunities available on the mansion grounds