Help us kick off a weekend of cycling in Indianapolis! As part of IU Health Momentum Indy’s weekend of bicycling activities, a panel of professional athletes will share stories of their challenges and successes at the Indiana State Museum. This event is free and is open to the public. Registration is required.
Friday, August 26, 5:30 – 8 p.m.Reserve your seat
*This event is limited to 240 guests.
5:30 – 6:45 p.m.
Our panel will include an all-star line-up of athletes sharing their stories of perseverance, triumph, and humorous moments both on and off the road. The panel will take place in the auditorium, moderated by Scott Hoke. Guests and panelists include:
- Tony Kanaan, INDYCAR driver, Indy 500 winner, and dedicated cyclist
- Oksana Masters, Multi-medalist in World Cups, World Championships and Paralympic summer and winter sports, hand-cyclist
- Cory Williams, Founder & CEO, L39ion of LA, and professional cyclist
- Rahsaan Bahati, Founder, Bahati Racing, Bahati Foundation, and professional cyclist
- Brendan Quirk, CEO & President of USA Cycling
Kisha Tandy, Indiana State Museum and Historic Sites curator of social history, will give a brief presentation on the life of Major Taylor.
Reception & Major Taylor Exhibit
6:45 – 8 p.m.
Immediately following will be a reception of hors d’oeuvres and refreshments in Governor Frank & Judy O’Bannon Great Hall. Guests are also invited on an exclusive tour of the Major Taylor: Fastest Cyclist in the World exhibit on the 3rd floor of the museum.