Week-long camp registration closes two weeks before the start date of camp, while single-day camp registration closes three days before the start date of camp.
- Registration deadline for Indiana State Museum camps only is by 5 p.m. the day before the camp date.
- Registration for historic site camps varies by site and camp.
- Registration can be cancelled or rescheduled to an available camp up to 72 hours before the start of camp.
- Registrations cancelled less than 72 hours prior to the start of camp will not be refunded.
- Registration deadline is two weeks prior to the start of camp.
- Registration can be cancelled or rescheduled to an available camp up to two weeks before the start of camp.
- Registrations cancelled less than two weeks prior to the start of camp will not be refunded.
Camp Hours and Aftercare
Camp program time for the Indiana State Museum begins at 9 a.m. Campers may arrive between 8 – 9 a.m to take part in free-choice exploration. Camp ends at 4 p.m. and campers can be picked up between 3:45 – 4:10 p.m. Aftercare is available from 4 – 5:30 p.m. for $9 per day for day camps, $45 per week for week-long camps and lunch bunch care for PreK camps is $35 per week. Aftercare can be added before camp begins or the week of camp by calling the Visitor Services at 317.232.1637. Campers picked up after 4:10 p.m. will be charged after care fees.
Before and after care for historic site camps varies by site and camp. Contact the historic site directly for more information.
Contacting Camp Staff
Please call the camp program team at 317.509.7679 and your message will be delivered to the appropriate person.
Lunch and Snacks for Camps
All campers should bring their own lunch, refillable water bottle, and snacks to camp. Please let staff know of any food allergies so accommodations can be made. Refrigerators and microwaves are not available.
Participant and Medical Forms
We require a completed participant and medical form for each youth enrolled for any drop-off program. This should be completed prior to the program and can be either mailed or dropped off before or brought on the first day of the program. New forms need to be completed each camp period.
Please inform staff of any allergies and medical conditions before a program so we can plan accordingly.
Children may not come to a program until they are 24-hours free of a fever and/or vomiting without the use of fever-reducing medicine.
For a medical-related refund, a doctor’s note must be provided within one week of the last day of camp to receive a full refund.
Severe Weather and School Cancellation
We reserve the right to cancel a program due to severe weather and school cancellations. You can find school cancellation updates on local TV stations’ websites. Please check our website for specific program cancellations.
We offer a limited number of summer camp scholarships to families that need financial assistance.
Summer camp scholarships applications can be found here.
Please contact Visitor Services at 317. 232.1637 with any questions, concerns or emergencies.