Published January 29, 2021
More Museum for Your Money
A Family Plus membership to the Indiana State Museum and Historic Sites now gets you free admission to more than 1,500 museums and science centers around the country—300 more locations than last year.
In addition to free admission to the state museum in Indianapolis and 11 historic sites around Indiana, the membership also includes such notable locations as the Museum of Science and Industry and Field Museum in Chicago, the Cincinnati Museum Center, the Center of Science and Industry in Columbus and the Louisville Science Center, just to name a few.
The new additions include the National Museum of Toys and Miniatures in Kansas City, Missouri; Old Sturbridge Village in Sturbridge, Massachusetts; and Kingwood Center Gardens in Mansfield, Ohio.
“This is an incredible bargain,” said Carrie Miller, membership manager for the Indiana State Museum and Historic Sites.
“If you travel, have spring break or summer vacation plans, whether you’re visiting family or hosting them at your own home, you can use this membership to bring your family here to show off the museum, or head to the historic sites. And, when you go to visit them, plan ahead and check the lists to see where you can visit in their area with your membership.”
Center of Science and Industry
Kentucky Science Center
Cincinnati Museum Center
In addition to admission for two adults, a Family Plus membership comes with these benefits at the Indiana State Museum and Historic Sites:
- Free admission for two additional guests and all children in household and grandchildren younger than age 21
- Add a designated caregiver to your membership at no charge
- 25% discount on select programs and 10% discount on camps
- 10% discount at all Indiana State Museum and Historic Sites gift shops
- Monthly member e-newsletters and online seasonal guides
- Exclusive invitations to members-only events
- 10% discount at the Farmers Market Café in Indy
- Free parking at the White River State Park parking garage to be used during a visit to the museum