Let this versatile space inspire you
If a beautiful outdoor celebration is what you dreamed of, either of our two terraces are a perfect choice for your ceremony and cocktail hour. With stunning views of Military Park and the Indianapolis skyline, you’re sure to excite guests and have a night to remember.
Create lasting memories
Our professional event planners will provide you with the expertise and customer service you need to ensure that your event runs smoothly. Additionally, culinary experts from Kahn’s Catering, the museum’s exclusive caterer, provide menu planning for all types of events. From the planning to execution, our goal is to make your event as memorable as you dreamed it would be.
What sets us apart
- WiFi ready (all spaces).
- Convenient location on downtown Canal; walking distance to hotels and conventions.
- Parking in the White River State Park garage with discount pricing.
- Unique experiences available for additional fees, including historical characters and special programs.
- Elegant space regardless of your colors or décor.
- Museum galleries can be included in your event for an additional fee.
- Many photo opportunities available in and outside of the museum.
1 of 1
Ball Family Terrace Details
Evening Ceremony and Cocktail Hour
Sunday – Saturday
Standard Pricing: $1,400
Food and Beverage Minimum: $2,500
*Ceremony fees are in addition to reception pricing.
Ceremony Only (before 3:00 p.m.)
$1,250 plus tax
- Evening Event – 60 guests for a seated dinner, 200 for a cocktail reception
- Ceremony – 300 guests
Evening Ceremony or Cocktail Hour
- Your rehearsal the day before at 4:00 p.m. (subject to availability).
- White garden chairs included.
- Two rooms for preparation on the day of starting at 7 a.m., depending on availability.
- Ceremony location and cocktail hour locations included. Indoor/outdoor options available. 30 minutes for your wedding ceremony to start at 5:30 pm.
- To book your event, a 50% facility rental deposit is required along with a signed contract. A check, American Express, MasterCard or Visa are accepted forms of payment.
- Your booking is confirmed upon receiving both signed agreements and deposits for the Indiana State Museum and Kahn’s Catering.
- We offer 5 hour rentals beginning no earlier than 5:30 p.m. To extend the time at the end of your event, the fee is $400 per hour.
- Parking is available in the White River State Park garage. Day of the event parking is a discounted rate if your guests pay on their own with a voucher. If you wish to cover your guests’ parking, you must guarantee a number of passes and purchase ahead of time.
- A/V equipment and special lighting available for additional fee.
- A certificate of insurance is required for all rental events at the Indiana State Museum.
- The museum at times could be considered under structural or cosmetic construction. Structural and/ or cosmetic changes to the facility and its grounds include but are not limited to gallery closures, improvements to landscape, installation of art, etc. In the best efforts of the facility, plans will be communicated as early as possible to the client.
- Housekeeping and security are included.
- In-house tables and chairs included in rental.
- Discounts may be available. Check with your event manager for details.