Hold your finest event on Mansion Row
The versatility of our space makes the Culbertson Mansion State Historic Site suitable for a wide array of events. From baby showers to graduations or weddings and corporate events, people gather in New Albany’s finest room for a most memorable experience.
Culbertson Mansion Formal Parlor Details
3 hr minimum
- Before 5pm – $80/hr
- After 5pm – $100/hr
- 40 people – seated at tables
- 75 people – seated or standing (no tables)
- Boutique weddings
- Birthday & anniversary parties
- Corporate meetings, trainings or other events
- Bridal & baby showers
- Graduation parties
- Retirement celebrations
- Awards presentations
- Memorial services
- Private programming requests
- To book your event, a deposit of 50% of rental space is required along with a signed agreement. A check, Mastercard or Visa are accepted forms of payment. Please note: Indiana sales tax of 7% applies to all rental fees.
- There is a three-hour minimum for each event. This includes one hour for set-up, one hour for your event and one hour for tear-down and clean-up. Extra hours may be added for an additional fee, but should you need less than 3 hours, please contact the site manager directly. All events must conclude by midnight.
- A site buyout is an option. Please see the Lookbook (pdf) further down this page for details.
- Parking is available on surrounding streets.
- Alcohol and catering services may be hired by the client. The client must provide a copy of the catering contract to the Culbertson Mansion State Historic Site manager prior to the event. Caterers and bartenders must show proof of all appropriate state licensing.
- No red wine or red drinks of any kind are allowed inside the mansion. This also includes food containing red dye.
- No fire or amplified sound of any kind.
- A certificate of liability insurance is required for all rental events at Culbertson Mansion State Historic Site.
- Final payment in full is due no later than two weeks before your event. Should you incur additional expenses during your rental, payment must be rendered at the conclusion of the event.
- Tables, tablecloths, chairs, chair covers and decorative chair sashes can be rented from the Friends of Culbertson Mansion for additional fees. Chairs $1 each, chair covers are an additional $1 each; 4-top tables $5 each; banquet & bistro tables $10 each; Linens, flatware and table service are available for an additional fee; set-up of tables and chairs are included in the rental price.
- All decorations must be tabletop or able to be displayed without the use of tape, pins, nails, glue, etc. We do not allow any attachment to the walls, antique furniture or other artifacts in the house.
- Culbertson Mansion State Historic Site has been under active restoration for over 30 years. The site may be under structural or cosmetic construction throughout the year, either in the facility or on the grounds. In the best efforts of the facility, any restoration plans that may affect your rental will be communicated as early as possible.
What sets us apart
- Beautiful and serene location
- Elegant hand-painted walls and ceilings serve as a backdrop for your event
- Many photo opportunities available inside and out
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff eager to tailor the space to each client’s needs
- Due to the nature of the hand-painted architecture, no flash photography is allowed
Elegant ambiance unlike any other
With its hand-painted ceilings, carved staircase, marble fireplaces, and elaborate plasterwork, the Culbertson Mansion offers a one-of-a-kind setting for your special event. Like the Culbertson family and their guests, your guests will enjoy their experience at this historic venue.
Once considered to be the wealthiest man in Indiana, William S. Culbertson built his Gilded Age 20,000 sq. ft. mansion to encompass 25 rooms. The stunning architectural aesthetic, natural acoustics and grand features ensure a unique and elegant backdrop inside this most striking home on Mansion Row.
1 of 1