A venue that puts on a show
When you need to communicate with a live audience, the Dean and Barbara White Auditorium provides a beautiful setting. From conferences to presentations, ceremonies to performances, the space can certainly meet your needs. No food and beverage is allowed in the auditorium. If your event requires food and beverage, there is a small space located outside the auditorium that may be available. Check with your event manager for details.
An impressive location for your event
Our professional event planners will provide you with the expertise and customer service you need to ensure that your event runs smoothly. Additionally, culinary experts from Kahn’s Catering, the museum’s exclusive caterer, provide menu planning for all types of events. From the planning to execution, our goal is to make your event as memorable as you dreamed it would be.
What sets us apart
- WiFi ready (all spaces).
- Convenient location on downtown Canal; walking distance to hotels and conventions.
- Parking in the White River State Park garage with discount pricing.
- Unique experiences available for additional fees, including historical characters and special programs.
- Elegant space regardless of your colors or décor.
- Museum galleries can be included in your event for an additional fee.
- Many photo opportunities available in and outside of the museum.
1 of 1
Dean and Barbara White Auditorium Details
All Day (8 a.m.-5 p.m.): $1,800
Half Day: $1,000
Evening (3 hours): $1,500
*$250/hr per additional hour
*A/V Tech $65 per hour (required)/minimum of 3 hours
Accommodates 240 guests
- Includes a 16 ft. x 28 ft. permanent stage.
- No food or beverage allowed in auditorium.
- A list of all equipment available upon request (additional fees may apply).
- Discounted museum tickets are available for groups of 15 or more for an additional fee.
- To book your event, a 50% facility rental deposit is required along with a signed contract. A check, American Express, MasterCard or Visa are accepted forms of payment.
- Your booking is confirmed upon receiving both signed agreements and deposits for the Indiana State Museum and Kahn’s Catering.
- Parking is available in the White River State Park garage. Day of the event parking is a discounted rate if your guests pay on their own with a voucher. If you wish to cover your guests’ parking, you must guarantee a number of passes and purchase ahead of time. Parking spots are NOT guaranteed.
- A certificate of insurance is required for all rental events that include alcoholic beverages.
- The museum at times could be considered under structural or cosmetic construction. Structural and/ or cosmetic changes to the facility and its grounds include but are not limited to gallery closures, improvements to landscape, installation of art, etc. In the best efforts of the facility, plans will be communicated as early as possible to the client.
- Housekeeping and security are included.
- Discounts may be available. Check with your event manager for details.