The East Wing of the Great Hall is a versatile, semi-private space for daytime meetings and events. It offers a variety of configurations to meet your specific needs plus a window with a sneak peek into one of the gallery experiences.
A space that fits your needs
Our professional event planners will provide you with the expertise and customer service you need to ensure that your event runs smoothly. Additionally, culinary experts from Kahn’s Catering, the museum’s exclusive caterer, provide menu planning for all types of events. From the planning to execution, our goal is to make your event as memorable as you dreamed it would be.
What sets us apart
- WiFi ready (all spaces).
- Convenient location on downtown Canal; walking distance to hotels and conventions.
- Parking in the White River State Park garage with discount pricing.
- Available web conferencing.
- Complimentary museum tickets for all day rentals in select meeting rooms.
- Unique experiences available for additional fees, including historical characters and special programs.
- Elegant space regardless of your colors or decor.
- Many photo opportunities available in and outside of the museum.
East Wing Details
Meeting and Daytime Event
1-3 hrs. (minimum of 2 hrs.)
Standard Rates: $300/hr
Food & Beverage Minimum: $1,500
Standard Rates: $1,200
Food & Beverage Minimum: $2,500
*$300/hr per additional hour
$1,250 plus tax
Meeting and Daytime Event
- In-house tables & chairs included.
- A/V equipment and special lighting available for additional fee.
- Semi-private event space; the museum is open during the day.
- To book your event, a 50% facility rental deposit is required along with a signed contract. A check, American Express, MasterCard or Visa are accepted forms of payment.
- Your booking is confirmed upon receiving both signed agreements and deposits for the Indiana State Museum and Kahn’s Catering.
- Parking is available in the White River State Park garage. Day of the event parking is a discounted rate if your guests pay on their own with a voucher. If you wish to cover your guests’ parking, you must guarantee a number of passes and purchase ahead of time. Parking spots are NOT guaranteed.
- A certificate of insurance is required for all rental events that include alcoholic beverages.
- The museum at times could be considered under structural or cosmetic construction. Structural and/ or cosmetic changes to the facility and its grounds include but are not limited to gallery closures, improvements to landscape, installation of art, etc. In the best efforts of the facility, plans will be communicated as early as possible to the client.
- Housekeeping and security are included.
- Discounts may be available. Check with your event manager for details.