Let nature be the backdrop for your event
Enjoy a small personal ceremony nestled in the Hemingway Wetlands. A perfect spot for a quiet gathering, wildlife can be spotted all around.
Gene Stratton-Porter Hemingway Wetland Gazebo & Sylvan Dock Details
3 hr minimum
- Before 5 p.m. – $50/day
- After 5 p.m .- $50/hr
- Before 5 p.m. – $30/day
- After 5 p.m. – $50/hr
10 people gazebo
10 people dock
- Utilize the gazebo for a quaint ceremony. Parking lot holds 3 cars. Additional parking is available in the visitors parking lot.
- The dock can be reserved as a shuttle point to access different locations on the lake, such as Boy Scout Island.
- Restrooms are located in the carriage house visitor’s center during business hours. For weddings taking place after hours, guests may utilize the latrine located at the front of the property or rent the carriage house for an additional fee.
- To book your event, a non-refundable deposit of 50% of rental space is required along with a signature agreement. A check, Mastercard or VISA are accepted forms of payment. Please note: Indiana sales tax of 7% applies to all rental fees.
- Alcohol and catering services may be hired by the client. The client must provide a copy of the catering contract to the Gene Stratton-Porter State Historic Site manager at the time that the contract is signed. Caterers must show proof of all appropriate state licensing, including a valid liquor license.
- A certificate of insurance is required for all rental events at Gene Stratton-Porter State Historic Site. Gene Stratton-Porter State Historic Site at times could be considered under structural or cosmetic construction. Structural and/or cosmetic changes to the facility and its grounds includes but is not limited to gallery closures, improvements to the landscape, installation of art, etc. In the best efforts of the facility, plans will be communicated as early as possible to the client.
- Gene Stratton-Porter State Historic Site at times could be considered under structural or cosmetic construction. Structural and/or cosmetic changes to the facility and its grounds includes but is not limited to gallery closures, improvements to the landscape, installation of art, etc. In the best efforts of the facility, plans will be communicated as early as possible to the client.
- There is a three hour minimum for each event. This includes one hour for set-up, one hour for your event and one hour for tear-down and clean-up. Extra hours for set-up, tear-down or the event may be added for an additional fee and must conclude by midnight.
- A site buyout is an option. Please see the Lookbook (pdf) further down this page for details.
Bird & Cleaver
Marry Me in Fort Wayne
Beautiful Blissful Weddings
Marry Me in Fort Wayne
Kacey Wallace Photography
Distinct Sound Entertainment
MnM Sound DJs
What sets us apart
- A quiet retreat nestled in the woods, perfect for small, intimate weddings
- The breathtaking views in the gardens including the wisteria arbor
- Gene’s rustic Cabin at Wildflower Woods serves as the perfect backdrop to your event
- Photo opportunities are abundant
- Parking available for guests
Experience the beauty
A wedding has different needs than a meeting. A corporate retreat is not the same as a baby shower. At Gene Stratton-Porter State Historic Site, we have a variety of spaces that are suitable for a wide array of events.
Designed by author, photographer and naturalist Gene Stratton-Porter and completed in 1914, the cabin is nestled on the shores of Sylvan Lake. The exterior walls are of Wisconsin cedar logs, and local wild cherry panels the entrance hall and dining room. There are three extraordinary fireplaces in the cabin — one of polished English brick, one constructed of Native American artifacts and stones collected from other states, and one of puddingstone. Outdoors you’ll find a 35-bed formal garden accented with a 120-foot-long wisteria-covered arbor, Sower’s Woods’ beautifully-maintained trail benches, an artisan well and puddingstone walkway that graces the shoreline of Sylvan Lake. This beautiful, peaceful location is one your guests are sure to remember.Visit Gene Stratton-Porter State Historic Site