A newly renovated space for your next event
From open house events to intimate meetings, the Levi and Catharine Coffin Interpretive Center can be made available as a whole or just by the room. The Interpretive Center contains three floors of exhibits, a gift shop, public restrooms and an orientation theater. You can utilize the entire space or only select rooms depending on your need.
The Levi & Catharine Coffin Interpretive Center Details
- $150/hr after 5 p.m.
- Before 5 p.m. – $50/hr
- After 5 p.m. – $75/hr
- Before 5 p.m. – $30/hr
- After 5 p.m. – $60/hr
- Use of kitchen space is included in this price
- Interpretive center – 50 people
- Orientation Theater – 35 people
- Gift shop – 10 – 15 people
- To book your event, a non-refundable deposit of 50% of room rental is required along with a signed agreement. Accepted forms of payment include check, American Express, MasterCard, Visa or Discover. Please note: Indiana sales tax of 7% applies to all rental fees.
- There is a three hour minimum for each event. This includes one hour for set-up, one hour for your event and one hour for tear down and clean up. Extra hours may be added for an additional fee and must conclude by midnight.
- There is a parking lot available for guest parking onsite. Additional parking is available on surrounding streets, including in front of the Coffin house and Interpretive Center.
- Catering may be hired out by the client. The client must provide a copy of the catering contract to the Levi & Catharine Coffin State Historic Site administrator at the time that the contract is signed. Caterers must show proof of all appropriate state licensing.
- Alcohol is NOT allowed on the premises for any events. If there are questions about this policy, please speak to the site manager.
- A certificate of insurance is required for all rental events at Levi & Catharine Coffin State Historic Site.
- Levi & Catharine Coffin State Historic Site at times could be considered under structural or cosmetic construction. Structural and/or cosmetic changes to the facility and its grounds includes but is not limited to room closures, improvements to landscape, installation of exhibitions, etc. In the best efforts of the facility, plans will be communicated as early as possible to the client.
Horst’s Little Bakery Haus
Nancy’s Tasteful Cakes
The Sweeter Life
The Juice Box Heroes
My Yellow Rickshaw
Paradise Cove Catering, LLC
Rolling Pin Catering
The Red Pepper Deli Café & Catering
Taste by Radford’s
Audio Magic! Entertainment
Forget Me Knot
Colonial Flower Shop
Ivy Vine Florist
Jan Hurst Calligraphy
Jupiter and Juno
Kentuckiana Wedding Officiants
Indy Wedding Pastors
Jasmine Norris Photo
Laura J. Gardner Photography
One Fine Day
Nashville Party Rentals
Party Central Rentals
Seward Party Rentals
Toast Wedding Films
Two Are Better
What sets us apart
- Beautifully restored 1839 Federal-style home in nearly complete original condition
- Conveniently located just north of Richmond, Indiana on U.S. 27
- Complimentary parking available for event guests
- Event can encompass use of the Interpretive Center as well as the historic house
A venue with an incredible story
The Interpretive Center expands on the story of the Coffins and the community, and how they worked to assure that freedom seekers were provided with shelter, resources and transportation on their journey north.
The Levi & Catharine Coffin State Historic Site provides a unique setting for your next corporate or organizational event. Here you get one-on-one with an amazing story of courage and sacrifice. Located in historic Fountain City, Indiana, (known as Newport until 1878) the 1839 Coffin home was given the title of “Grand Central Station of the Underground Railroad.” This Federal-style home was part of a larger network that served as a place of refuge for freedom seekers. The home contains many furnishings commonly seen in early 19th century Quaker homes in this part of Indiana.