Host your event along the historic canal
The perfect place for a quaint outdoor wedding or a company picnic, the gazebo is located on the north side of the canal in the park by the mill with a unique view of the Grist Mill and tumble falls.
Whitewater Canal Gazebo Details
3 hr minimum
- Includes 1 hour for rehearsal and 2 hours for day of wedding (includes set-up)
- Only available during hours the site is open
- No site personnel
After 5pm only – $500/hr
- To book your event, a non-refundable deposit of 50% of rental space is required along with a signature agreement. A check, American Express, Mastercard or VISA are accepted forms of payment. Please note: Indiana sales tax of 7% applies to all rental fees.
- Alcohol and catering services may be hired by the client. The client must provide a copy of the catering contract to the Whitewater Canal site manager at the time that the contract is signed. Caterers must show proof of all appropriate state licensing, including a valid liquor license.
- There is a three hour minimum for each event. This includes one hour for set-up, one hour for your event and one hour for tear-down and clean-up. Extra hours for set-up, tear-down or the event may be added for an additional fee and must conclude by midnight.
- A site buyout is an option. Please see the Lookbook (pdf) further down this page for details.
- Electricity is available, there are site restrooms nearby, and free parking.
- A certificate of insurance is required for all rental events at Whitewater Canal State Historic Site.
- Whitewater Canal State Historic Site at times could be considered under structural or cosmetic construction. Structural and/or cosmetic changes to the facility and its grounds includes but is not limited to gallery closures, improvements to the landscape, installation of art, etc. In the best efforts of the facility, plans will be communicated as early as possible to the client.
What sets us apart
- Metamora is a historic 1838 canal town
- We have the only functioning wooden aqueduct in the United States, and it is on the National Register of Historic Places
- The village itself is full of numerous historic structures
- The littlest visitors in your group can enjoy a new transportation experience inside the Metamora Grist Mill
The historic canal town of Franklin County
It is a quaint town full of history and scenic beauty. The gazebo, located on the north side of the canal, is the perfect place for an outdoor wedding or a company picnic. It is a picturesque spot with a unique view of the Grist Mill and tumble falls.
There are many photo opportunities available on the site’s property. Electricity is available, there are restrooms nearby, and parking is free. If you’re looking for a truly unique spot to have a wedding, the Whitewater Canal State Historic Site is definitely a place you should consider.