Released January 15, 2020
Celebrate creativity during CREATE! at the Indiana State Museum
INDIANAPOLIS (Jan. 15, 2019) – Visitors to the Indiana State Museum can celebrate all things creativity during the museum’s second annual CREATE! event on Jan. 25
For photos of last year’s CREATE! go here: http://bit.ly/37VYrKG
WHAT: Imagination and artistry are front and center at this celebration featuring fun for the whole family. Attendees will experience art, film, music and more through artistic displays, musical performances and a chance to invent something new. Community partners will also be on site to offer activities, including:
- Carmel Symphony Orchestra will perform, featuring a string trio, beginning at 11:30 a.m.
- Artisan Experience will host an open house workshop from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. with an artisan craft for visitors to try.
- Press Puzzles will sell puzzles from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., and visitors can also admire the artistry of the puzzles created with a scroll saw.
- Arts with a Purpose will feature several artist performances between 12:30 and 3 p.m.
- Rhythm Discovery Center will allow visitors to test out their drumming skills in between performances scheduled throughout the day.
WHEN: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Jan. 25
WHERE: Indiana State Museum, 650 W. Washington St., Indianapolis
PRICE: Included with purchase of museum admission; free for members
# # #
The Indiana State Museum and Historic Sites is located in White River State Park in the heart of downtown Indianapolis. It is Indiana’s museum for science, art and culture, offering a place where you can celebrate, investigate, remember, learn and take pride in Indiana’s story in the context of the broader world. Even the building is a showcase of the best Indiana has to offer in architecture, materials and sculpture. Easy and convenient parking is available in the attached underground garage.