Released October 7, 2019
Indiana State Museum to host Indiana game-makers at Hoosier Game Expo
INDIANAPOLIS, Indiana (Oct. 7, 2019) – Gamers are invited for a day of non-stop gaming with a Hoosier twist this November at the Indiana State Museum.
WHAT: About 30 community partners will put on a day of video games, board games, roleplaying games, virtual reality, game-making and more at the inaugural For the Win: The Hoosier Game Expo, featuring dozens of Indiana-based gaming companies.
Whether visitors are into the ultra-modern or old-school arcade games, this event will have them covered.
Visitors will be able to:
- Test out board and video games before they’ve hit the market – and provide feedback.
- Experience virtual and augmented reality.
- Prototype or storyboard their own games.
- Chat with current game designers about the game-making process, and learn how to start a career in gaming.
- Learn about the process behind creating board games, and see games in different stages of development.
- Design their own playing cards.
- Snap a selfie in a virtual photo booth.
- Compete in board, card and roleplaying games.
WHEN: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Nov. 2
WHERE: Indiana State Museum, 650 W. Washington St., Indianapolis
PRICE: Included with purchase of museum admission; free for museum members
All community partners are Indiana-based.
Who’s Yer Gamers
23rd Century Productions
Ball State University
Beyond Board Games
Good Games Indianapolis
IUPUI Game Developers Group
Nights of Yore
Nooner Bear Studio
Saga City Games
Stupid Puppy Games
Tabletop Game Creators
Why Not Games
FOR MEDIA: In-studio demonstrations by community partners are available prior to the event, as are interviews with the event lead. Contact Hannah Kiefer at [email protected] to schedule a segment.
# # #
The Indiana State Museum and Historic Sites is located in White River State Park in the heart of downtown Indianapolis. It is Indiana’s museum for science, art and culture, offering a place where you can celebrate, investigate, remember, learn and take pride in Indiana’s story in the context of the broader world. Even the building is a showcase of the best Indiana has to offer in architecture, materials and sculpture. Easy and convenient parking is available in the attached underground garage.