Published March 15, 2019
Summer camp adventures await at the Indiana State Museum
Spring temperatures have arrived in Indiana, but we’re already looking forward to school break and all the fun of summer break camps at the Indiana State Museum.
Get ready for hands-on learning and exploration, plus a variety of topics sure to match your child’s interests. Several camp favorites will return this year, but there are also plenty of new camps for your child to discover.
Not quite sure a whole week of camp fits your schedule? Don’t worry! This year, we’re introducing NEW single-day summer camps for youth entering first through sixth grades in fall 2019, including:
- Fiber Arts, May 28
- Flying into Space, May 29
- Lights, Science, Color, May 30
- Prehistoric Pottery, May 31
- Saber-tooth Sleuths, July 30
- Mastodon Escape, July 31
- Cold As Ice, Aug. 1
- Pioneer Makers, Aug. 2
If your child is ready for an entire week of fun, we have camps for that too.
Even your pre-k or kindergartner can enjoy a full week of half-day camps, including:
- Becoming a Scientist with PBS’ Sid the Science Kid, June 3-7
- Exploring the World Around you with PBS’ Nature Cat, July 15-19
- Artful Play Camp, July 29-Aug. 2
For children entering grades 1-3, they can enjoy weeklong camps such as:
- Fashion by Design, June 10-14
- Little Robin’s Nature Camp, June 17-21
- Culinary: Tiny Bites, July 8-12
- Movin’ and Groovin’, July 22-26
Youth entering grades 4-6 can take part in weeklong camps like:
- Culinary: Home Grown, June 10-14
- Urban Ecology, June 17-21
- Extreme Challenge Camp, July 22-26
Finally, youth entering grades 4-8 can explore with weeklong camp choices like:
- Self-Empowerment Theatre Camp, June 17-21
- Refashion: Vintage to Couture, July 8-12
Summer day camps cost $45/day for members and $50/day for non-members. Early Childhood half-day camps are $105/week for members and $117/week for non-members. Youth camps are $210/week for members and $235/week for non-members. Before and after care is available for an additional charge.
Summer camps at the Indiana State Museum are selling out quickly, so don’t delay – check out the full line up here and sign your child up for summer day camps or weeklong camps today!
Haven’t planned your child’s spring break fun just yet? You’re in luck! We have a few spots remaining in our spring break camps, too.
Join us for a day of fun while finding out what makes Indiana unique during Only in Indiana on March 29 or enjoy making art and having fun with wordplay during Poetry in Motion on April 5!
Each Spring Break camp – from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily – engages campers with hands-on activities, plus museum exploration! Register here before it’s too late!