Indiana's historic beginnings
Located approximately one block northeast of the downtown square, the First State Office Building is a historic space with all the modern conveniences needed to ensure a successful event. This space, dating back to 1816, is a converted residence with three mid-size meeting rooms that can be combined. It includes a kitchen for catering, as well as private restrooms. Outdoor space is available.
Corydon Capitol First State Office Building Details
3 hr minimum
- Before 5pm – $80/hr
- After 5pm – $100/hr
- Wedding receptions – $150/hr
- Ceremony only $100/hr
- Includes 1 hour for rehearsal and 2 hours for day of wedding (includes set-up). Only available during hours the site is open. No site personnel.
- Ceremony & Reception – $200/hr
75 people – overall capacity, standing only
45 people – large room, seated
- Tables and chairs may be rented as needed from a rental company. Set up and tear-down will be done by Corydon staff.
- To book your event, a deposit of 50% of rental space is required along with a signed agreement.
A check, American Express, Mastercard or VISA are accepted forms of payment. Please note: Indiana sales tax of 7% applies to all rental fees.
- Alcohol and catering services may be hired by the client. The client must provide a copy of the catering contract to the Corydon Capitol State Historic Site manager at the time that the contract is signed. Caterers must show proof of all appropriate state licensing, including a valid liquor license.
- A certificate of insurance is required for all rental events at Corydon Capitol State Historic Site.
- Corydon Capitol State Historic Site at times could be considered under structural or cosmetic construction. Structural and/or cosmetic changes to the facility and its grounds includes but is not limited to gallery closures, improvements to the landscape, installation of art, etc. In the best efforts of the facility, plans will be communicated as early as possible to the client.
- There is a three hour minimum for each event. This includes one hour for set-up, one hour for your event and one hour for tear-down and clean-up. Extra hours for set-up, tear-down or the event may be added for an additional fee and must conclude by midnight.
What sets us apart
- Beautiful, historic event spaces
- Conveniently located just off I-64 in downtown Corydon
- Indoor and outdoor options available
- Plentiful parking in the downtown square
- Modern amenities, including restrooms
- On-site tables and chairs available
Perfect for history buffs
Corydon is Indiana’s first state capital and follows the development of Indiana from a territory to a state. In June of 1816, 43 delegates met in Corydon to draft the first state constitution. Much of their work was completed under the shade of a large elm tree. The trunk of the tree, now known as “Constitution Elm,” is still standing. The first state election was on Aug. 5, 1816, and Jonathan Jennings was elected governor.
The square, Federal-style Capitol building in the heart of downtown Corydon serves as a memorable backdrop for events. Other notable buildings including the Governor’s Headquarters and First State Office Building, add to the historic ambiance. Corydon, a National Historic District, features shopping and restaurants, as well as one of Indiana’s Civil War battlefields.