A stately venue
Host your event at the site of Indiana’s first state capital. The historic Capitol building, as well as the downtown square, were recently renovated and feature beautiful, new landscaping. Ample space allows for successful events of all types.
Corydon Capitol Square Details
3 hr minimum
- Before 5pm – $60 per hour
- After 5pm – $70 per hour
- Ceremony only – $100 per hour
- Wedding Reception – $150 per hour
- Wedding Ceremony and Reception – $200 per hour
- Includes 1 hour for rehearsal and 2 hours for day of wedding (includes set-up)
- Only available during hours the site is open
- No site personnel
- Up to 1,000 people in space
- Gazebo only – maximum of 50 people
- Tables and chairs may be rented as needed from a rental company.
- To book your event, a deposit of 50% of rental space is required along with a signed agreement.
A check, American Express, Mastercard or VISA are accepted forms of payment. Please note: Indiana sales tax of 7% applies to all rental fees.
- Alcohol and catering services may be hired by the client. The client must provide a copy of the catering contract to the Corydon Capitol State Historic Site manager at the time that the contract is signed. Caterers must show proof of all appropriate state licensing, including a valid liquor license.
- A certificate of insurance is required for all rental events at Corydon Capitol State Historic Site.
- Corydon Capitol State Historic Site at times could be considered under structural or cosmetic construction. Structural and/or cosmetic changes to the facility and its grounds includes but is not limited to gallery closures, improvements to the landscape, installation of art, etc. In the best efforts of the facility, plans will be communicated as early as possible to the client.
- There is a three hour minimum for each event. This includes one hour for set-up, one hour for your event and one hour for tear-down and clean-up. Extra hours for set-up, tear-down or the event may be added for an additional fee and must conclude by midnight.
What sets us apart
- Beautiful, historic event spaces
- Conveniently located just off I-64 in downtown Corydon
- Indoor and outdoor options available
- Plentiful parking in the downtown square
Perfect for history buffs
Corydon is Indiana’s first state capital and follows the development of Indiana from a territory to a state. In June of 1816, 43 delegates met in Corydon to draft the first state constitution. Much of their work was completed under the shade of a large elm tree. The trunk of the tree, now known as “Constitution Elm,” is still standing. The first state election was on Aug. 5, 1816, and Jonathan Jennings was elected governor.
The square, Federal-style Capitol building in the heart of downtown Corydon serves as a memorable backdrop for events. Other notable buildings including the Governor’s Headquarters and First State Office Building, add to the historic ambiance. Corydon, a National Historic District, features shopping and restaurants, as well as one of Indiana’s Civil War battlefields.