Inspiration Around Every Corner
From a garden wedding to a special reception in the spruce grove, our grounds are a versatile event space. Host your event among the rolling hills, scenic vistas, majestic trees and landscape that inspired noted Hoosier painter T.C. Steele and his wife Selma to build their home and cultivate beauty and art in Brown County.
Dressed to Impress
Guests are sure to be impressed by the beauty of this historic site. The House of the Singing Winds was built by the Steeles in 1907 and is an excellent spot for photos. The formal gardens have recently been restored to their original beauty, featuring gorgeous lily ponds and winding paths. The Large Studio, built in 1916 and used primarily to display Steele’s work, is a striking indoor space and serves as a backdrop for outdoor events.Visit T.C. Steele Historic Site
What Sets Us Apart
- Art, history and nature on 211 acres
- Conveniently located halfway between Bloomington and Nashville
- Easy on-site parking
- Historically-significant restored gardens serve as a backdrop for your event
- Scenic woodland setting for a variety of outdoor activities
- Many photo opportunities available on the grounds
1 of 1
Outdoor Grounds Details
3 hour minimum. All grounds are priced the same as follows.
- 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. $150/hr
- 5 p.m. – 9 p.m. $200/hr
- Ceremony Only $150/hr
- Includes 1 hour for rehearsal and 2 hours for day of wedding (includes set up)
- Only available during hours the site is open
- No personnel
- Site Buyout (After 5pm only) $500/hr
Formal Garden/Event Field – 300
Spruce Grove/Formal Garden – 100
Parks Field – 200
North Deck Overlook – 50
- Chairs are available for $2 each, up to 60 chairs.
- Set-up and tear down is $150.
- Water and electrical outlets available for Formal Garden and North Deck venues.
- To book your event, a non-refundable deposit of 50% of rental space is required along with a signature agreement. A check, American Express, Mastercard or VISA are accepted forms of payment. Please note: Indiana sales tax of 7% applies to all rental fees.
- Alcohol and catering may be hired by the client. The client must provide a copy of the catering contract to the T.C. Steele State Historic Site Administrator at the time that the contract is signed. Caterers must show proof of all appropriate state licensing, including a valid liquor license.
- There is a three hour minimum for each event. This includes one hour for set up, one hour for your event and one hour for tear down and clean up. Extra hours for set up, tear down or the event, may be added for an additional fee and must conclude by midnight.
- A certificate of insurance is required for all rental events at T.C. Steele State Historic Site.
- T.C. Steele State Historic Site at times could be considered under structural or cosmetic construction. Structural and/or cosmetic changes to the facility and its grounds includes but is not limited to gallery closures, improvements to the landscape, installation of art, etc. In the best efforts of the facility, plans will be communicated as early as possible to the client.
Ashlynn Leigh Cakes
Underground Cupcake & Café
Cakes In Bloom
Two Sticks Bakery
KRC Banquets & Catering
Sugar Daddy’s Cakes & Catering
Johnny’s Grub to Go
Distinct Sound Entertainment
Maddox Entertainment Professional DJ Service
Social Butterfly Planning Weddings & Events
Ashley Wedding and Events
Magical Moments Event Planning
Michael’s Flowers, Inc.
Cathy Teeters Beautiful Weddings & Design Studio
Eye Thee Wed
Jupiter and Juno
Weddings by Keith Maddox, Officiant
Indy Wedding Officiants
Indy Wedding Pastors
Buck Valley Portable Toilets
Hoosier Portable Restrooms
Monroe Tuff Jon
In Bloom Photography
Lisa Berry Photography
Southern Touch Design
Nashville Party Rentals
Perfect Parties Tents and Events
Vintage Farmhouse Tables
Cybil and Brandon Studios
Green Hat Media
Visuals by AJ