Host an inspiring event
Host your event among the rolling hills, scenic vistas, majestic trees and landscape that inspired noted Hoosier painter T.C. Steele and his wife Selma to build their home and cultivate beauty and art in Brown County.
T.C. Steele designed this studio to display his work in an atmosphere consistent with the surrounding landscape. The result was a beautiful space with a large window looking out into Brown County. It’s a great option for an indoor event with up to 50 guests.
Surround yourself with creativity
The Large Studio, built in 1916 and used primarily to display Steele’s work, is a striking indoor space, as well as a backdrop for outdoor events. The new visitor center offers classroom space, restrooms, a gift shop and other amenities. Inspired by picturesque Brown County, T.C. Steele was a celebrated member of the Hoosier Group of American regional impressionist painters and remains one of Indiana’s most honored artists. Guests are sure to be impressed by the beauty of this historic site.
What sets us apart
- Art, history and nature on 211 acres
- Conveniently located halfway between Bloomington and Nashville, Indiana
- Easy on-site parking
- Historically-significant restored gardens serve as a backdrop for your event
- Scenic woodland setting for a variety of outdoor activities
- Many photo opportunities available on the grounds
1 of 1
T.C. Steele Large Studio Details
3 hour minimum.
- Studio 5 p.m. – 9 p.m. only $200/hr
- Ceremony Only $150/hr
- Includes 1 hour for rehearsal and 2 hours for day of wedding (includes set up)
- Only available during hours the site is open
- No personnel
- Planned use of space must be approved
- Not available before 5 pm
- To book your event, a non-refundable deposit of 50% of rental space is required along with a signature agreement. A check, American Express, Mastercard or VISA are accepted forms of payment. Please note: Indiana sales tax of 7% applies to all rental fees.
- Alcohol and catering services may be hired by the client. The client must provide a copy of the catering contract to the T.C. Steele State Historic Site manager at the time that the contract is signed. Caterers must show proof of all appropriate state licensing, including a valid liquor license.
- There is a three hour minimum for each event. This includes one hour for set-up, one hour for your event and one hour for tear-down and clean-up. Extra hours for set-up, tear-down or the event, may be added for an additional fee and must conclude by midnight.
- A certificate of insurance is required for all rental events at T.C. Steele State Historic Site.
- T.C. Steele State Historic Site at times could be considered under structural or cosmetic construction. Structural and/or cosmetic changes to the facility and its grounds includes but is not limited to gallery closures, improvements to the landscape, installation of art, etc. In the best efforts of the facility, plans will be communicated as early as possible to the client.
Ashlynn Leigh Cakes
Underground Cupcake & Café
Cakes In Bloom
Two Sticks Bakery
KRC Banquets & Catering
Sugar Daddy’s Cakes & Catering
Johnny’s Grub to Go
Distinct Sound Entertainment
Maddox Entertainment Professional DJ Service
Social Butterfly Planning Weddings & Events
Ashley Wedding and Events
Magical Moments Event Planning
Michael’s Flowers, Inc.
Cathy Teeters Beautiful Weddings & Design Studio
Eye Thee Wed
Jupiter and Juno
Weddings by Keith Maddox, Officiant
Indy Wedding Officiants
Indy Wedding Pastors
Buck Valley Portable Toilets
Hoosier Portable Restrooms
Monroe Tuff Jon
In Bloom Photography
Lisa Berry Photography
Southern Touch Design
Nashville Party Rentals
Perfect Parties Tents and Events
Vintage Farmhouse Tables
Cybil and Brandon Studios
Green Hat Media
Visuals by AJ